Cloud Hosted Router (CHR) is a RouterOS version intended for running as a virtual machine. It supports the x86 64-bit architecture and can be used on most of the popular hypervisors such as VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox, KVM and others. CHR has full RouterOS features enabled by default but has a different licensing model than other RouterOS versions.
• 64bit CPU with virtualisation support
• 128 MB or more RAM for the CHR instance
• 128 MB disk space for the CHR virtual hard drive
CHR has been tested on the following platforms:
• VirtualBox 5 on Linux and OS X
• VMWare Fusion 7 and 8 on OS X
• Qemu 220.127.116.11 on OS X
• Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012
Note: Minimal requirement is 128MB of RAM to complete the self-installation process.
Perpetual is a lifetime license (buy once, use forever). It is possible to transfer a perpetual license to another CHR instance.
P1 (perpetual-1) license level
Allows CHR to run indefinitely. It is limited to 1Gbps upload per interface. All the rest of the features provided by CHR are available without restrictions. It is possible to upgrade p1 to p10 or p-unlimited. After the upgrade is purchased the former license will become available for later use on your account.